Cody and Rob are back at it with an insightful and humorous examination of all of the 2011 Quarterfinal Stanley Cup Playoff Matches!
We’ll offer our thoughts on each of the series, as well as some key players and matchups to look for.
We discussed whether there could be a possible Mule sighting in this year’s playoffs, as well as how we think the Wings sophomore goaltender will fare in his second kick at the playoff can.
We’ve also each made predictions on all 8 series, which I will list below. Please feel free to make your own predictions in the comment section, as well as letting us know what you liked and disliked about the show!
(1) Washington Capitals vs. (8) New York Rangers
Cody: Rangers in 7
Rob: Capitals in 6
(2) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (7) Buffalo Sabres
Cody: Flyers in 5
Rob: Flyers in 5
(3) Boston Bruins vs. (6) Montreal Canadiens
Cody: Canadiens in 6
Rob: Bruins in 6
(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning
Cody: Penguins in 6
Rob: Penguins in 7
(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks
Cody: Canucks in 5
Rob: Canucks in 6
(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (7) Los Angeles Kings
Cody: Sharks in 4
Rob: Sharks in 5
(3) Detroit Red Wings vs. (6) Phoenix Coyotes
Cody: Wings in # of games Zetterberg misses + 3 (Z misses one game, they in 4, 2 games they win in 5 and so on)
Rob: Wings in 6
(4) Anaheim Ducks vs. (5) Nashville Predators
Cody: Ducks in 7
Rob: Predators in 6 (if Emery does not play), in 7 if he does