You have to see it to believe it, but Fox’s Peter Schrager has picked the Detroit Lions to be the surprise team in the NFC this year.
His big reasons why?
- Schrager believes the only reason the Lions didn’t win the NFC North last season was the injury to Matthew Stafford’s finger on his throwing hand
- Continuity because most of their team is back from last season
- Additions on defense, especially rookie linebacker Jarrad Davis (Wait until you hear who he is being compared to)
- The health of Lions running backs Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick
- Their offensive line is rebuilt with guys like T.J. Lang
Check it out here:
— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) September 10, 2017
Schrager is the Senior NFL Writer for a number of outlets: FoxSports.com, Good Morning Football, and GQ magazine. He is also the co-author of a NY Times best seller. The name of that book? Out of the Blue.
If this prediction proves to be true, maybe his next book should be Out of the HONOLULU Blue.
The Lions kick off the season at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday when they host the Arizona Cardinals at Ford Field. Detroit has lost seven straight meetings head-to-head to Arizona going back to 2006.
Make sure you follow along with us at @detsportsnation on Twitter as I live tweet during the game.