Miguel Cabrera, “Miggy” as he's called, is one of the greatest right-handed hitters in the game of baseball–possibly of all-time. His swing is quite simply a beautiful thing to behold. And best of all, he seems like a large kid when he's on the diamond. We should all be quite thankful we have been afforded the opportunity to see one of the greats play for our team. And, the best part of all, he's not done yet!
Here are the top 12 moments of Miguel Cabrera‘s career in Motown. He'll be adding to the list this year, I'm sure.
12. Miggy flashes the leather against the Twins
11. Kidding around with Adrian Beltre
10. Showing the fans some love
9. Great backhanded stab
8. 3 Home Runs, 5 RBIs vs. the Texas Rangers
7. Picking on the little guy, Jose Altuve
6. Miggy makes a new fan
5. Bomb into the camera well
4. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best
3. Moonshot sent to Adams Avenue
2. Most people need a permit for that kind of rifle
1. Every King deserves a crown, or three
There is no doubt that Tigers fans have been treated to a great set of highlights from Miggy. These fifteen merely scratch the surface, but yet, are still pretty awesome. Here's to a few more years of greatness from the big man, and hopefully a World Series Title for the Tigers — before he enters Cooperstown, most likely on the first ballot. That smile we've grown to love emblazoned on his Hall of Fame bust for all-time.