Inside the Article:
On Saturday afternoon, during the Kansas City Chiefs NFL Playoffs Divisional Round matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes suffered a leg injury. The injury took place late in the first quarter, and Mahomes was clearly in pain. He stayed in the game, clearly limping, and ran a couple of plays, both runs. As soon as the quarter ended, Mahomes went straight to the bench to get his ankle taped up and he returned to action. According to reports, he is now headed to the locker room.
Why it Matters
Mahomes will almost certainly win the Most Valuable Player award for his efforts during the 2022 regular season, and losing him, or even having him in a limited capacity, could play a huge part in today's game.
- Mahomes is arguably the best quarterback in the NFL
- If Mahomes were to exit the game, Chad Henne would take over
What happened to Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes?
Here is the play where Mahomes was injured.
- Mahomes injured his ankle late in the first quarter
- He stayed in the game to finish the first quarter
- He then went to the bench to get taped up
- Mahomes is currently in the game but is clearly limping
- Mahomes had gone to the locker room
- The Chiefs lead the Jaguars 10-7 with 10:00 remaining in the second quarter
- Chad Henne is now in the game at quarterback
- Mahomes has emerged from the locker room and is on the sideline
- The Chiefs have officially reported that Mahomes is questionable to return to the game