The Detroit Lions raised more than a few eyebrows yesterday when their 53-man roster included neither kicker that had been with them during training camp and the pre-season.
Both Zane Gonzalez and Randy Bullock, who struggled throughout camp, were released by the team, leaving them without an established player at the kicking position ahead of the regular season opener against San Francisco on September 12.
However, that’s a problem that will certainly soon be remedied. Always at the center of all things Lions, Detroit Free Press beat writer Dave Birkett compiled a list of five possible targets that the Lions could pursue as the regular season draws near.
– Michael Badgley, Los Angeles Chargers
– Jake Verity, Baltimore Ravens
– Nick Folk, New England Patriots
– Joey Slye, Carolina Panthers
– Brian Johnson, Chicago Bears
The Lions currently hold seventh priority on the waiver wire, and we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled as to whom they decide to bring aboard in the coming days.
– – Quotes via The Detroit Free Press Link – –