After dropping back-to-back contests against the Minnesota Vikings and Baltimore Ravens, the Detroit Lions have put themselves in a VERY tough situation. If the Lions want to earn a playoff spot in the NFC, they will almost certainly have to win their final four games of the seasons and even then, they will need some help from a couple of teams ahead in the standings.
Up first for Detroit, in Week 14, is a road game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-8). Though the Lions are the better all-around team, they will have their work cut out for them, especially if their initial injury report is any indication as to who will and will not play on Sunday.
As you can see below, 11 players are listed on Wednesday’s injury report, including quarterback Matthew Stafford and four offensive linemen (G T.J. Lang, T Rick Wagner, T Corey Robinson, and C Travis Swanson). Running back Ameer Abdullah also appears on the list again after missing the Lions Week 13 game against the Ravens.
On the defensive side of the ball, three defensive ends are listed on the injury report, including Ezekiel Ansah, Dwight Freeney, and Cornelius Washington.
Matthew Stafford officially "limited" with a right hand injury. pic.twitter.com/DWDUKA7E6i
— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) December 6, 2017
As far as the Bucs go, their starting quarterback, Jameis Winston is also on the initial injury report for Week 14.
- DE Robert Ayers (concussion) – Full Participation
- CB Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring) – Did Not Participate
- C Joe Hawley (illness) – Did Not Participate
- RB Doug Martin (concussion) – Full Participation
- DT Clinton McDonald (back) – Did Not Participate
- S Josh Robinson (hamstring) – Did Not Participate
- DE Ryan Russell (knee) – Did Not Participate
- S T.J. Ward (concussion) – Did Not Participate
- QB Jameis Winston (ankle) – Full Participation