Detroit Lions Golden Tate takes to Twitter: ’24 hours have gone by…’

NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars at Detroit Lions
Nov 20, 2016; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate (15) smiles before the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports

The final seconds of Sunday’s game brought on a roller coaster of emotions for both the Detroit Lions and the Atlanta Falcons.

With the clock running down towards zero, Matthew Stafford connected with Golden Tate on what was called the go-ahead touchdown. But then, after being reviewed, the call on the field was overturned, a 10-second runoff was assessed and the game was over with the Falcons winning 30-26.

The loss was certainly a tough one to swallow for head coach Jim Caldwell and his players but they were not making any excuses. Instead, they were letting the past be the past and looking forward towards their game on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings.

Of course, we all know that though the Lions players and coaches may indeed be preparing for the Vikings, Sunday’s controversial loss to the Falcons is still lingering.

On Monday night, Golden Tate sent out a message via Twitter, proving that the loss to Atlanta still has him a bit perplexed.

“24 hours have gone by. Still don’t understand what happened. Proud of how hard our team fought. We wanted it bad for our fans! #OnePride” Tate tweeted.

There is no question about it. Tate may or may not have been touched down before getting the ball across the goal line. There may or may not have been time on the clock for the Lions to get off one more play. There may or may not have been a pass interference call that went unnoticed by the NFL officials. Heck, the Lions may or may not continue to get screwed in the future.

That being said, it is time for the Lions to look forward to the next game and to put Sunday’s loss behind them. Because if they don’t, the Minnesota Vikings will be ready to make them pay.

How the final play of the Lions controversial loss to Atlanta should have been called