Inside the Article:
Rookie safety Kerby Joseph has returned to practice for the Detroit Lions, offering hope that he will be able to play against the Chicago Bears on Sunday. The Lions' defense has been struggling without Joseph, who suffered a back injury in the loss against Carolina.
Injuries in the Detroit Lions Defense
- Kerby Joseph has returned to practice after dealing with a back injury
- Tracy Walker and DeShon Elliott are out with Achilles and shoulder injuries, respectively
- Detroit is thin at the safety position for their game against the Chicago Bears.
Other Injury Updates
- Receiver Josh Reynolds and special teams player Josh Woods have returned to practice after dealing with illness.
- Guard Logan Stenberg has also returned to practice after being ill
- Center Frank Ragnow is out with a foot injury
- Kayode Awosika is dealing with an ankle injury and was wearing a walking boot after Wednesday's practice.
- DeShon Elliott is considered day-to-day with his shoulder injury.
Additional Players Return
Receiver Josh Reynolds, special teams star Josh Woods, and guard Logan Stenberg have also returned to practice after dealing with illnesses.
Detroit Lions Players Unavailable
- Center Frank Ragnow, safety DeShon Elliott, and tackle Kayode Awosika were unavailable for practice. Elliott is considered day-to-day with a shoulder injury, while Awosika has been dealing with an ankle injury for several weeks. Ragnow has been out with a foot injury.