Inside the Article:
The Columbus Blue Jackets are set to face off against the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday night, with the Blue Jackets looking to snap a three-game losing streak. The Red Wings, on the other hand, are sitting fourth in the Atlantic Division with an overall record of 18-15-7, including an 11-8-3 record on their home ice.
The Blue Jackets have struggled all season, with a record of 12-27-2 overall and a 2-14-1 record on the road. They will be looking to turn things around against a Red Wings team that has struggled in close games, with a record of 3-3-5 in games decided by one goal.
Saturday's game marks the third meeting between these teams this season, with the Red Wings having won the last matchup 6-1. The Blue Jackets will be looking to avenge that loss and gain much-needed momentum heading into the second half of the season.
Detroit Red Wings vs. Blue Jackets By the Numbers
- The Red Wings have an overall record of 18-15-7 and 11-8-3 on home ice.
- The Blue Jackets are 12-27-2 overall and 2-14-1 in road games.
- The Red Wings are 3-3-5 in games decided by a goal.
- The Blue Jackets are 3-4-1 in games decided by one goal.
- Red Wings forward Dominik Kubalik has 13 goals and 17 assists on the season.
- Red Wings forward Lucas Raymond has five goals and seven assists over the past ten games.
The Detroit Red Wings have been performing well on their home ice, with an 11-8-3 record, and they have also had success against the Blue Jackets in their previous meetings this season. Additionally, the Blue Jackets have struggled all season, with a 12-27-2 overall record and a 2-14-1 record on the road. With that being said, the Red Wings will likely come out on top in this matchup.