As it stands, our Detroit Lions have nine picks in the 2022 NFL Draft with five of those picks coming in the top 100.
If the Lions play their cards correctly, they should be able to add a handful of starters to their current roster, especially if they focus on the defensive side of the ball.
On Monday, Jordan Reid of ESPN released a full seven-round mock draft and he has the Lions selecting QB Malik Willis with the No. 2 overall pick.
Here is how Reid has the 2022 NFL Draft unfolding for the Lions.
2. Detroit Lions – Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
As I wrote in my QB mock draft last week, either you love this idea or you're absolutely against it. Jared Goff is under contract for two more seasons, which would allow the Lions to bring Willis along slowly.
There's no guarantee that the franchise can position itself next year to be in contention for a top 2023 signal-caller. This is an ideal situation for Willis, as the team is set to have plenty of draft capital to continue to build the roster in the future.
32. Detroit Lions (via LAR) – Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
At the controls of one of the best defenses in college football history, Dean is a magnetic Energizer bunny who doesn't stop. The Lions could stick to their board of taking the best prospect available here.
Dean would provide an instant vocal leader on a defense that lacks that quality right now. His physicality and infectious energy make him the exact type of player general manager Brad Holmes and coach Dan Campbell want to continue to build this roster.
34. Detroit Lions – Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
66. Detroit Lions – Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State
97. Detroit Lions* – David Bell, WR, Purdue
177. Detroit Lions*: JoJo Domann, S, Nebraska
181. Detroit Lions: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas
217. Detroit Lions*: D'Marco Jackson, LB, Appalachian State
234. Detroit Lions (via CLE): Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State