The Contributing Blog Author will deliver friendly and engaging content within Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as well as create SEO-optimized copy on DetroitSportsNation.com. This individual will be expected to develop a continuous dialogue with reputable sports community members as well as stimulate conversation about our brand.
- Responsible for 3-4 daily articles (minimum) to the website and all social media outlets
- Create stylish, engaging content for multiple social channels
- Write SEO-friendly content for sport-specific landing pages and perform basic keyword research
- Become a company advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Identify opportunities to guest blog and invite guest bloggers to participate
- Regularly provide feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring (Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Continuously monitor social media trends and tools for changes that affect our competitive landscape and craft compelling articles to leverage trends
- Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions
New Hire Probation Duration:
There is a 5 article probationary period upon hiring, where all articles are put into a draft status and reviewed before publication. After the initial 5 articles are completed, there will be a review and a determination will be made as to if the relationship will continue. This is an at-will, position. If it is determined that the work is sufficient to remain on as a Contributing Author, you will be granted full publishing rights. If at any time you choose to end your relationship with Detroit Sports Nation, you are free to do so and earnings will cease upon termination of the relationship.