Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs passed away suddenly this past July, and now more details have emerged.
According to a report by ESPN this weekend, Angels’ director of communications Eric Kay told the DEA that he provided Skaggs with oxycodone prior to his passing. Skaggs was discovered in a Texas hotel room while on a road trip with the team.
The same report stated that Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol in his system at the time of death.
However, Kay said he doesn’t believe the same pills he provided Skaggs with led to his death, since Skaggs would “ingest the pills immediately after receiving them from Kay.”
The report goes on to suggest that Kay may not in fact face criminal charges since “it would be difficult to establish exactly whether alcohol or which drugs caused his death.”