After going head-to-head in both 2014 and ’15, both Michigan State and Oregon will do it again in 2029-30, as confirmed by both schools.
— Michigan State Football (@MSU_Football) August 13, 2018
This will mark the fourth time that Michigan State and Oregon have played a home-and-home series in consecutive seasons. The first instance happened in 1979-80, then again 1998-99, and most recently in 2014-15. Each team won their home games in all three previous series, making it good for an even 3-3 record all-time.
In this newly-scheduled series for the future, Michigan State will host Oregon in September of 2029 before the Spartans make the trek out to Eugene the following year.
Michigan State has finalized their season schedules through the 2021 season after adding Youngstown State and Western Kentucky to the ’21 docket earlier this year). Some other notable future home-and-home sets with non-conference foes include:
- Arizona State (at ASU in 2018; host ASU in ’19)
- BYU (L to BYU, 31-14, in 2016; at BYU in 2020)
- Miami-FL (host MIA in 2020; at MIA in 2021)
- Boise State (at BSU in 2022; host BSU in 2023)
- Boston College (at BC in 2024; host BC in 2025)