Inside the Article:
Why it matters
The Pistons are now 12-36, owning the worst winning percentage in the Eastern Conference and second-worst in the NBA. The teams with the three worst winning percentages in the NBA will have an equal 14% chance of landing the top pick in the 2023 draft lottery.
- Playing in Paris is a significant opportunity for the Detroit Pistons to represent the team, the NBA, and the city of Detroit on an international stage.
- The Pistons have played two regular-season games overseas in the past, but this game in Paris marks their third such opportunity.
- The game in Paris is also an opportunity for Pistons coach Dwane Casey to continue spreading the game of basketball and teaching it in countries outside the US.
- Casey has spent the last 30 years working in basketball clinics and camps in various places overseas and sees playing in Paris as a chance to continue this work.
- The Pistons and the NBA have impacted Africa in recent years through the Basketball Africa League (BAL). The Pistons' game in Paris may be an opportunity to expand this impact to other countries.
Detroit Pistons vs. Bulls By the Numbers
- Pistons: 40.2 FG%, 23.5 3P%, Bojan Bogdanovic 25 points
- Bulls: 54.3 FG%, 62.3 2P%, Zach LaVine 30 points, DeMar DeRozan 26 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists
What they're saying
“We just didn't play well tonight. We didn't defend well, we didn't rebound well, and we didn't shoot well. We've got to put this one behind us and move on,” said Pistons head coach Dwane Casey.
The Bottom Line
The Detroit Pistons were outplayed by the Bulls in Paris, with poor shooting and defense resulting in a blowout loss. The team will look to bounce back in their next game.
Remaining Games on the Detroit Pistons Schedule
Stream all games: FuboTV Free