Inside the Article:
Robby Fabbri's return to the Detroit Red Wings has sparked a two-game winning streak and reinvigorated the team's depth and energy.
Why it Matters
Fabbri had undergone his third major knee surgery and was out for the season's first three months. His return has brought energy, competition, and depth to the Wings' lines.
- Fabbri has scored in his last three games
- Fabbri has scored three goals in his return to the lineup
- The wings are on a two-game winning streak since Fabbri's return
Fabbri's return has also enabled coach Derek Lalonde to slot other forwards in better spots and avoid bad matchups.
Robby Fabbri By the Numbers
Fabbri had worked hard to make his comeback and was ready when he was cleared by medical personnel. His return has brought a renewed appreciation for playing in the league and positively impacted the team's performance.
- Fabbri returned to the lineup on January 6th, a loss to the Florida Panthers
- The Wings have scored 11 goals in their last two games; they had 11 total in their previous five games. Fabbri has had a goal in each.
- The Wings are 18-15-7 on the season, with 43 points, and sit fourth in the Atlantic Division.
Coach Derek Lolande is glad to have Fabbri back, noting the depth it has brought to his lineup. He told Helen St. James of the Free Press,
Fabbri's presence in the lineup will only help this team, who is scrappy and competing well, continue its upward trend and the light at the end of a long rebuild comes into view.