Inside the Article
Unfortunately, our Detroit Lions came up just short of making the 2022 NFL Playoffs, but you can bet your bottom dollar that GM Brad Holmes will be spending some sleepless nights looking for players that will improve the roster. A couple of players Holmes could end up considering will be playing in today's NFL Playoffs Divisional Round matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills.
Why it Matters
Depending on what the Lions decide to do with Jamaal Williams, they could be in the market for a running back.
- Williams is set to become a free agent
- If the Lions let Williams walk, they will need a add a running back
- Two running backs the Lions could consider are playing in Sunday's Divisional Round games
Which 2 Divisional Round RBs should the Detroit Lions consider?
On Sunday afternoon, the Divisional Round of the 2022 NFL Playoffs will continue when the San Francisco 49ers host the Dallas Cowboys, and the Buffalo Bills host the Cincinnati Bengals.
The two running backs the Lions should consider if they become free agents are as follows:
- Samaje Perine – Bengals
- Devin Singletary – Bills
By the Numbers
If the Lions move on from Jamaal Williams, both Perine and Singletary could get a look. Here is how Perine and Singletary performed in 2022.
- Perine: 95 carries, 395 yards, 2 TDs. 38 catches, 287 yards, 4 TD
- Singletary: 177 carries, 819 yards, 5 TDs. 38 catches, 280 yards, 1 TD