5 Detroit Lions eligible to return to active roster
After enjoying their bye week, the Detroit Lions (6-2) have now shifted 100% of their focus toward their next opponent, the Los Angeles Chargers, whom they will play this coming Sunday. The Lions have had to deal with a plethora of injuries so far this season, including having to place quite a few players on various injury lists. With that being said, the Lions currently have five players who are eligible to return to the active roster.
Who is Eligible to Return to the Active Roster?
- QB Hendon Hooker (ACL) – Eligible to return from NFI list at anytime
- FB Jason Cabinda (Knee) – Eligible to return from IR at any time
- OT Matt Nelson (Angle) – Eligible to return from IR at any time
- EDGE James Houston (Fibula) – Eligible to return from IR at any time
- DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson (Pectoral) – Eligible to return from IR at any time
Why it Matters
The Lions have already returned three players from injured reserve this season. According to league rules, a team can only return a total of eight players from IR during a given season, which means the Lions can only bring back five more players if they choose to do so.
TL;DR (too long didn't read)
- Focused After the Bye Week: After enjoying their bye week, the Detroit Lions (6-2) are now fully concentrated on their upcoming matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Injury Challenges: The Lions have faced a significant number of injuries throughout the season, leading to several players being placed on various injury lists. However, they have a silver lining in the form of five players who are eligible to return to the active roster, providing a potential boost to the team's depth.
- Limited Returns from IR: The NFL's rules allow a team to bring back a maximum of eight players from injured reserve during a season. The Lions have already brought back three players, leaving them with the opportunity to activate five more if they so choose.
Bottom Line: Moving Forward
The Detroit Lions, now refreshed and refocused, are gearing up to face the Los Angeles Chargers after their bye week. Despite injury challenges, the team has five players eligible to return to the active roster, offering a potential boost to their lineup. However, they must make strategic decisions, considering that they can only bring back a total of five more players from injured reserve this season, in accordance with league regulations. These choices could significantly impact the team's performance in the latter part of the season.