in

Lions’ Pro Bowl snub Damon ‘Snacks’ Harrison has message for NFL

There is absolutely no question about it. Detroit Lions DL Damon Harrison is one of the best (if not THE best) nose tackles in the National Football League, and he has been for some time.

Despite that, Harrison got snubbed once again when the Pro Bowl results were announced earlier in the week.

On Friday, Harrison (we know him simply as “Snacks”) talked about being snubbed and he clearly believes he should be playing in the NFL’s version of the All-Star Game.

From Detroit Free Press:

“It’s happened so many times to where I’m used to it,” Harrison said Friday. “I knew I wasn’t going to make it (this year). It wasn’t no big surprise.”

“It’s just a notch under your belt,” Harrison said. “Some of the best players in the NFL are Pro Bowlers so for somebody like myself who considers myself the best at what I do, to not get that recognition, yeah, it’s disappointing.”

Harrison believes there should be a Pro Bowl spot designated for nose tackles but that he is done campaigning.

“There should be a spot designated for nose tackles because our job is different and we shouldn’t be punished for playing that particular position,” Harrison said. “I’m used to it, man. I told my wife I’ll never campaign for it again and I won’t allow anybody to campaign for it again.”

Nation, do you agree with Snacks?

Written by Don Drysdale

I am a fan of all Detroit sports and LOVE to write about them!

Shea Patterson takes to Twitter to send message to Michigan fans and his teammates

BREAKING: Former Detroit Pistons’ guard Chauncey Billups nominated for Hall of Fame