Inside the Article:
During Thursday night's game against the Las Vegas Knights, Detroit Red Wings F Tyler Bertuzzi was forced to leave the game early after suffering what was later described as a “lower-body” injury. Bertuzzi played the first two periods but was unable to play during the third period after suffering the injury. There was never any point during the first two periods that Bertuzzi took a big hit, so the injury was a bit of a mystery. On Saturday, Red Wings head coach Derek Lalonde gave a promising update on Bertuzzi.
Why it Matters
- This is the third time Bertuzzi has been injured
- Bertuzzi has already missed extended action after getting hit in both hands by a puck
- Bertuzzi was expected to be one of the Red Wings' leading scorers in 2022-23
Heading into the 2022-23 season, Bertuzzi was expected to be one of the Red Wings' leading scorers but that has not been the case. The hope is that he can get it going quickly to help out the offense.
How long will Tyler Bertuzzi be out?
On Saturday, Red Wings head coach Derek Lalonde spoke to the media and he said Bertuzzi is being listed as “day-to-day” with a “lower-body” injury.
- Lalonde noted that Bertuzzi will not be in the lineup on Saturday
- Bertuzzi could be back as soon as Tuesday