It is almost time for the start of the 2021 NFL Draft and I feel like I have a very good idea of how the opening 10 picks will play out and I am ready to share that information with you.
Ok, who am I kidding? I don't know anymore (or any less) than the so-called NFL Draft gurus out there but like them, I'll give this my best-educated guess.
As you can see below, I have the Detroit Lions trading the No. 7 overall pick to the New England Patriots, who jump up to select QB Justin Fields. I then have the Lions selecting LB Micah Parsons at No. 15, which would be the perfect pick at that spot.
1) Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Trevor Lawrence
2) New York Jets – QB Zach Wilson
3) San Francisco 49ers (from HOU through MIA) – QB Trey Lance
4) Atlanta Falcons – QB Kyle Pitts
5) Cincinnati Bengals – OT Penei Sewell
6) Miami Dolphins (from PHI) – WR Ja'Marr Chase
7) New England Patriots (from DET) – Justin Fields
8) Carolina Panthers – OT Rashawn Slater
9) Denver Broncos – QB Mac Jones
10) Dallas Cowboys – CB Patrick Surtain II
15) Detroit Lions (from NE) – LB Micah Parsons
Nation, how do you think the top 10 picks play out? Do you think the Lions will trade the No. 7 overall pick?