Inside the Article:
On Monday, during a training camp practice, Detroit Lions TE Shane Zylstra suffered what appeared to reporters in attendance to be a serious injury. Since then, it has been reported that Zylstra suffered a devastating injury that will likely keep him out for the entire 2023 NFL season. With Zylstra out of the mix, one local writer believes the Lions should consider signing TE Stephen Anderson.
Writer Suggests Detroit Lions Consider Signing Stephen Anderson
Christian Booher of SI.com suggests the Lions should consider signing Anderson. Here is a summary of Booher's rationale for the move.
- Tight end Shane Zylstra has suffered a knee injury expected to sideline him for six months.
- The Lions may need to add depth to their tight end position following Zylstra's injury.
- The Lions currently have four active tight ends on the roster.
- Anderson, known for his steady blocking and special teams contributions, could be a potential candidate.
- Sam LaPorta is expected to handle most of the pass-catching at the tight end position for the Lions.
- Anderson had a 90.3 Pro Football Focus special teams grade across 269 snaps last season.
- Anderson was a participant in all four of the Cardinals' special teams units the previous year.
- Lions tight end, Shane Zylstra, sustained a severe injury during a training camp practice on Monday, which observers believe could sideline him for the entire 2023 NFL season.
- This incident leaves a significant void in the Lions' roster, as Zylstra was a critical part of their tight-end rotation.
- In the wake of Zylstra's injury, there are suggestions from local media that the Lions should consider signing Stephen Anderson, another tight end, to fill the void.
Bottom Line: The Lions Could Add a Tight End
The Lions are grappling with the blow of losing tight end Shane Zylstra, who suffered a severe injury that is likely to keep him out for the entire 2023 season. This unfortunate incident has opened up a significant gap in the team's roster. Local analysts are urging the Lions to consider signing tight end Stephen Anderson to bolster their ranks. Anderson's potential addition could provide the necessary depth and resilience to the Lions' squad in the face of this setback.