Killian Hayes, the Detroit Pistons‘ third-year point guard, takes center stage this week in his home country France as the team takes on the Chicago Bulls on Thursday, drawing attention from local media.
Why it matters:
Killian Hayes is a French native, he spent a good part of his youth in France.He is a candidate to play for his national team when France hosts the 2024 Summer Olympics.He is playing the best basketball of his career at this moment.
The Big Picture:
- Hayes is the Pistons’ tour guide in Paris, he is familiar with the city.
- He is the first draft decision of Pistons' general manager Troy Weaver.
- He made his debut with Cholet Basket at 16.
Killian Hayes by the numbers:
- Hayes is averaging 12.3 points, 6.6 assists and 1.5 steals per game since Nov. 9.
- Shooting 42.7% overall and 36% from the 3-point line.
- The Pistons will face the Chicago Bulls on Thursday at Accor Arena in Paris.
The Bottom Line: Killian Hayes is back in his home country, France, where his team will face the Chicago Bulls on Thursday. He is the main attraction for local media, and he is playing the best basketball of his career at this moment. It's an opportunity for him to show the home crowd what he can do.