The Michigan Wolverines caught the attention of everyone nationally when they made the decision to re-sign head coach Jim Harbaugh at a greatly reduced (albeit incentive laiden) salary through 2025.
During an appearance at the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association clinic, Harbaugh laid out a list of his personal goals for 2021 and beyond.
Jim Harbaugh is speaking at the annual Michigan High School Football Coaches Association clinic this morning.
His personal goals for 2021: pic.twitter.com/jfKYY4rUKb
— Aaron McMann (@AaronMcMann) January 15, 2021
1. Raise all those with whom I come in contact. Put players and staff in position to be successful in life and in football.
2. Create an atmosphere in the work place that supports teamwork, friendship and winning (an atmosphere that brings joy each day we come to work).
3. Develop and administer a process (Plan) that supports TEAM success and winning.
4. Be a member of the 2021 Big Ten and National Champion Michigan Football Team.
5. Treat others as I would want to be treated and create a personal relationship with all those I come in contact.
6. Do not be scared of any man, moment or circumstance or being fired.
Of course, Michigan fans have been awaiting a return to the College Football playoff for some time now, much less competing for a National Title.
Will Harbaugh be able to break through with Michigan during the length of his second contract?