Forum

JD and Miggy injuries  

RSS

Carl Poposki
25/03/2017 12:01 pm  

Initially, I was concerned about Miggy and JD getting injured and possibly not being available early in 2017. However, after thinking about it for a while, I think it's a long season. Plus, the WBC is an outlier for this season. While I never am looking for a player to be injured, better now than late in the season.

ReplyQuote
Alexander Muller
25/03/2017 5:11 pm  

Yeah, so I believe the news of their injuries are only heightened because it's doing an 'optional' spring event, or at least more optional than spring. And like you reiterated, the WBC occurs every four seasons so every four years, people get more upset than normal when players get hurt.

My sole opinion, I'd much rather have a player get injured playing in an event with more meaning and effort required, than some random early-March game where they only play 2-3 innings tops, and give maybe 50-70 percent. That's not to say I want them getting hurt, by the way.

When these players sign up to play for their country in the WBC, well in advance of the event, I have to imagine it urges them to get not only more in shape, but at a much quicker pace, thus getting them more game-prepared.

If Cabrera is shelved too, then so be it. It is what it is. He agreed to play, Tigers gave him the green light. It's the risk you assume as a club.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register